|Job Title||Emergency Medical Technician|
|Location||Polo FD Contract|
The EMT will perform duties associated with providing emergency medical care to those individuals requiring such attention in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and ATS Medical Services, LLC clinical protocols and operational policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls calmly, efficiently, and promptly
- Administers necessary life support, basic or acute, to patients at the scene, as stated by protocol, en route to the hospital, and in a pre-hospital setting.
- Assess the nature and extent of injury or illness to establish and prioritize medical procedures to be followed
- Rescues and extricates victims of accidents, sudden illness or entrapment using proper rescue and medical techniques
- Communicates with professional medical personnel and treatment facilities to obtain instructions regarding further treatment and/or arrangements for reception of patient to appropriate facility
- Maintains order at emergency scenes, including crowd disbursement and restraint nearing the scene.
- Completes patient care forms, insurance forms, evaluation forms, and all other required forms in a competent and timely manner.
- Commits towards protecting the privacy of all patient information
- Responds to Dispatch instructions
- Operates specially equipped emergency vehicles to specified locations at a safe and controlled speed.
- Maintains specified emergency vehicle, assuring vehicle is in good working condition, clean, stocked, organized and ready for transport. Maintains accurate records of equipment.
- Assists in routine tasks in and around ambulance service site
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must read, write and speak English
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
- Valid state driver’s license
- Current state EMT-B certification (license, if applicable)
- American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer and/or American Heart Association BCLS certification and/or ASHI CPR for the Professional Rescuer
- Ability to analyze and interpret difficult and complex patient care and personnel situations
- Ability to remain calm in an escalated situation and project a professional image at all times.
- Works independently with minimal supervision for assigned tasks
- Understands and follows federal, state, and local laws, procedures, and rules
- Maintains a positive and cooperative working environment, effectively creating strong working relationships with all levels of personnel
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Must be able to perform the following tasks:
- Walk - frequently, up to 10 hours per day.
- Run - infrequently, 1-2 minutes per day.
- Stand - frequently, up to 10 hours per day.
- Sit - frequently, up to 8 hours per day.
- Kneel - frequently, 10-15 times per day.
- Bend - frequently, 10-15 times per day.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, carry 250 Lbs. infrequently (1-3 times per shift)
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, carry 150 Lbs. frequently (5-10 times per shift)
- Must have ability to step up and/ or climb over obstacles
- Must be able to climb stairs while carrying up to 150 Lbs.
- Must have adequate hearing acuity to perform job tasks
- Must have adequate vision (with corrective lenses if needed) to clearly distinguish colors, shapes, distances, etc.
- Must have adequate hand and finger dexterity to grip and hold both large and small items
- Must have adequate hand and arm strength to grip and lift heavy objects
- Must be able to tolerate work in an outdoor environment (heat, cold, rain, etc.)
- Must have the physical and health capacity to potentially encounter blood, bodily fluids or tissue, possible spills or splashes of these substances, viruses, or disease.
ATS Medical Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to a policy of compliance with all federal, state, and local laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment. No questions included in our application process are intended to secure information to be used for unlawful purposes. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, protected veteran status or national origin. Consistent with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.